How often do you get stuck in “hustle mode” or “hustle mentality”?
This might look like:
- the endless push to go-go-go . . .
- do more . . .
- be more . . .
- achieve more . . .
- or even the “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” mentality.
Many of us can find ourselves here, maybe all the time or at different seasons of life. It’s also common during the holidays to find ourselves out of our routines, trying to pack more into the weekends (i.e. time with family), in addition to holiday preparation activities (Christmas shopping, photos with Santa, holiday baking and more!).
This season, I want you to pause and be intentional about what activities you pack into your days and weekends.
Use these questions to guide your holiday season reflection:
- What holiday activities/traditions do I truly enjoy and want to spend time doing this year?
- What holiday/other activities do I not have time for and may not be able to prioritize this season? What should I consider passing on or saying “no” to?
- What other ways can I set boundaries around my time these next six weeks? Are there work projects/activities I can table until the new year?
- What intentional pauses, self-care or mindfulness activities can I use this season to keep me grounded regardless of the pace of my schedule?
Need more tools to pause, practice mindfulness and ground your body this season?
Grab the Calm My Body Clear My Mind guide.
Follow along with me—check out my Mindfulness Playlist on YouTube.
Join my Newsletter for more Resilience tips.
Maria Serbus is the CEO and resilience coach at Maria Serbus, LLC. She helps high-achieving women overcome stress and overwhelm through mind body tools, so they can pursue an extraordinary life while being present to everyday moments that matter. www.mariaserbus.com | @maria.serbus