1. Enjoy the nice weather.
Living in Minnesota can make us feel like we’re hunkering down through winter for six months out of the year. When the sun is up, get out and experience it! Try doing things you don’t normally do.
- Explore downtown Rochester
- Head to a nearby state park for a hike
- Ride a bike along the Douglas Trail
- Rent a paddle boat at Silver Lake Park
- Read a book under a tree
- Participate in a 5k
- Go camping
- Tour a winery
- Have a picnic
2. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.
Did you know that the sunscreen you were using last year is probably expired by now? Sun exposure is the leading cause of visible aging. So, toss out that old stuff and replace it with something new. Bonus points if your daily facial moisturizer includes SPF 30.
3. Plan your summer trip.
Intentionally taking time to enjoy life is crucial for your mental health. What’s life if you’re only surviving it, not living it? A summer trip could be something as low-budget as taking the day to explore a city you’ve never been to or having a weekend without the kids. Higher budget ideas include spending a week in California or going on a cruise.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve got 20-some different water bottles in your cabinet and still can’t manage to drink enough water throughout the day. Make it a point to increase your water intake this summer.
- Habit stack: Tie your water drinking to something you already do in your daily life (brushing your teeth, reading a book, driving in the car).
- Have a tracker: Put it somewhere you will see every day (your planner, fridge, bathroom mirror). When you see this tracker daily, you’ll be more likely to remember it.
- Bookend your day: Start and end your day by drinking a glass of water.
5. Tackle your insecurities.
“I gotta get into my hot summer bod.” Cut this toxic thought from your mind! Change your mindset from thinking you have to “get something” to believing you already have it. Confidence doesn’t come with a flatter stomach or a thigh gap, but the sexiest thing we can do is be confident in what we’ve already got! Your body is bikini ready—just find the right one that makes you feel beautiful. This new mindset will not happen overnight, so be patient with yourself through this journey to loving everything that you are!