- Start your spring cleaning.
The idea of decluttering my entire house is so daunting that I’ll sometimes push it off until fall. Don’t follow in my footsteps.
- Don’t think you have to do it all in one day. The “all or nothing” mindset causes more thinking about doing than actual doing (I’m guilty!) Try cleaning one room, one section or one drawer a day until it’s done.
- Try the Flip Method. After you go through your closet to discard anything that doesn’t bring you joy, has holes or doesn’t fit, flip your hangers backward. As you do laundry, hang fresh clothes with the hangers forward. Next spring, donate anything on a hanger that’s flipped.
- Reorganize using small boxes or clear organizers. Placing things into separated containers gives them a “home.” You’ll be more likely to return your items to this home in the future. (Sorry, this tip doesn’t work with messy husbands or children. No matter how many times you place something on the stairs for them to bring up, they’ll still walk by it at least twenty times before acknowledging its existence.)
- Plan your Spring Break.
This doesn’t have to be a big trip. Just plan a few days to recharge.
- Staycation. A week at home to do nothing can be a positive refresh.
- Long weekend getaway. Leave the kiddos behind if you can. It’s important to have time alone time with your partner.
- Plan a visit! What friends or family haven’t you seen for a while?
- Plant a garden.
- This doesn’t have to be outside. Indoor gardens are so in!
- Don’t have a green thumb? Fake plants to the rescue! They add life to your home without taking time out of your life.
- Reconnect with nature.
Breathe in the fresh air.Embrace the sounds of birds. Disconnect from your device.
- Try outdoor yoga. Guide yourself through YouTube videos.
- Work from your backyard or porch as often as you can.
- Take a walk with our monthly Rochester Women Walk group. All are welcome, including pups! Scan this QR code for more details.
- Spring clean . . . again.
Things easily forgotten:
- Clean the vents.
- Check the filters.
- Declutter your car.
- Wash the windows.
- Clear out the gutters.